It is important to identify and understand your own family culture in order to be able to understand and respect other cultures. Interview a family member, and an individual from another culture
with which you are unfamiliar. Some examples of an individual from another culture to consider for the assignment include a neighbor, coworker, patient, or friend. Please inform the individuals of
the purpose of this assignment and make sure you receive their consent.
1. Family beliefs: Have they changed over generations?
2. Educational and occupational status in the culture and in the family
3. Communication methods: verbal and nonverbal
4. Current family goals/priorities
5. Family member roles and organizational systems
6. Spiritual beliefs: current practice and death and dying
7. Alternative lifestyles
8. Work attitudes and structure
Using the “Family Interview” template, interview your designated family member and the person from another culture. Be sure to write your responses in a way that will assist you in writing your
paper. After the interview is completed, write a paper of 750-1,000 words that includes the following:
1. An introductory paragraph with the reasons for selecting the interviewees.
2. A summary of the responses from the interview template gathered from the interviewees.
3. A comparison and contrast of your findings between the two interviewees.
4. A reflective concluding paragraph on how family roles affect the cultural domains and relationships for each individual.