WORKSHEET K Analyzing Historical Films
- Name of film: Fighting back ( 57-62) America Civil right movement ( 2/4)
- Main point of the film:
- P What is the point of view of the film?
Was it overly favorable or critical of a particular group or individual?
- I What inferences were made in the film?
- Were there parts of the film that filmmakers must have made up because they couldn’t have known this from the available evidence?
- P What Techniques are used in the film to persuade the audience to the filmmaker’s point of view? Note music, camera angle, character portrayal, etc.
- E What evidence is included to support the point of view put forth in the film?
What is the source of that evidence?
How strong is it?
- R What relevant information do I know? Does it contradict or support the story presented in the film?
- Overall, how strong are the historical arguments in this film? Is it historically accurate?