Final term paper based on book “Speaking of America ” by Laura A. Belmonte
You have been hired to rewrite the citizenship test for immigration. Your job is to identify the most ideas, people and challenges of the past that best equip them to become informed, empowered and constructive citizens in the future. What should they know? Submit a report that includes all seven of the following items. Explain why you chose each item and what they should learn from it.
Start by explaining the major ideas of and messages about US history that you would like new citizens to understand : than discuss :
1. At least two individuals discussed in the book who promoted American idea
2. At least two individuals discussed in book who undermined American idea.
3. At least 4 quotes taken from 4 different chapters. ( chapter from 1 to 10)
4. At least two news items ( article)that they should read. Found them online and place link to it in references( bibliography) !!! Please I will have to print them out. Thank you
5. At least 2 cartoons or images that they should understand PLEASE PLACE THEM IN THE PAPER OR IN THE REFERENCES (BIBLIOGRAPHY) PLACE ONLINE LINK TO THEM Please I will have to print them out also. Thank you ! 🙂
6. A summary statement of how these items fit together. What is your overall message about American history? Why should immigrants study these items? How will these items make the immigrants better citizens? How can studying the past provide guidance for the future? Define American idea yourself?
CLARIFICATION of the paper:
1) for # 1 and #2 must be 4 different people.
2) for item # 3 put book page in parentheses after each quote. If the quote comes from different source put its title in your discussion or in parentheses following quote. The quotes can come from the four people you discuss in # 1 and #2. However, quotes from other people would be welcome. The more people and issues you cover, the better.
Also an item # 3 the quotes should carry messages that you want new citizens to understand.
3) for #4the articles must be in two different topics.
4) for item #5 the cartoons and images must be on two different topics from #4. However you could use additional cartoons or images to reinforce #4
5) for item# 6 remember to use website list and place the one you used in bibliography.