• Answer all questions below.
• You must do the assignment with your chosen team (groups of 2). Individual assignments will NOT be accepted. If you choose to work with 3 members, an extra
case study will be provided to you by me.
• Late assignments will be penalized 10% per day. All assignments must be submitted electronically via SafeAssign. You are responsible for ensuring that your
partner has submitted the assignment. The assignment file name MUST include the last names of each partner.
• I am available to answer questions via email or by appointment. I am also happy to respond to questions in class. I would encourage you to avail yourselves
of my assistance. Prior to seeing me, please ensure that you have thoroughly consulted your textbook and class notes; these questions can be answered with
information from course information and the cited articles.
• The maximum length of the assignment is 8 pages, including charts and financial statements. Font must be 11 point Times New Roman; 1.5 line spacing.
• Any assignment that contains more than 3 spelling or grammatical errors on the first page will be returned for a re-write and a late submission penalty will be
• If you are having issues with your group members, please bring it to my attention for resolution as soon as possible. Otherwise, all students in a group will
receive the same grade.
Cheating and Plagiarism
Each student should be aware of the College’s policy regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. Seneca’s Academic Policy will be strictly enforced. To support academic honesty
at Seneca College, all work submitted by students may be reviewed for authenticity and originality, utilizing software tools and third party services. Please visit the
Academic Honesty site on http://library.senecacollege.ca for further information regarding cheating and plagiarism policies and procedures. Note that you are
responsible for any acts of plagiarism or academic dishonesty by group members on submitted assignments. Each group member should therefore carefully edit and review
submissions made by other group members.
1. Identification of Specific Health Promotion Need (10 points)
• Choose a health promotion need you have identified in Section III (Problem List) of the Community Analysis paper
• Describe the scope of the need.
• Describe why this is a priority problem and the rationale for why you have chosen this health promotion problem.
• Use Healthy People 2020 as a resource to identify age specific health risks or needs.
• Give an overview of the population or group for which this is a health promotion need. (This data should be taken from the assessment section of your Cultural
Assessment or Community Analysis paper.
• Identify factors that might affect learning or barriers. (example- values, culture, language, physical or functional issues).
2. Establish Health Education Outcomes (15 points)
• Develop two to three appropriate health education outcomes to guide what you plan to do.
• What is it that you see as the outcome of the plan? Remember they must be measurable and relate back to the need. ( example – for senior women you might want
to ultimately see an increase in mobility, flexibility, and physical activity; Therefore, an outcome might be a 10% increase in attendance at an exercise or
restorative yoga class you might want to start.
• What behaviors do want to see changed in this group?
• What health indicators would you like to see changed?
3. Design the Health Educational Plan (20 points)
• Describe your health education plan.
• Identify what you plan to teach and give rationale for why you are going to present the specific content. (Example: if you are planning a health fair or a
series of classes for senior citizen women at the local health center what content will you present and why).
• Develop an outline and identify rationale for each section. Describe how this health education plan will reduce risk and promote health in this group.
4. Implementation of the Health Education Plan (10 points)
• Identify appropriate methods based on assessment of educational needs, program outcomes and identified content.
• Give rationale for using specific strategies. (lecture, video, gaming, role play etc.) Again consider age, functional status, literacy, etc.
5. Evaluation of Educational Effectiveness (25 points)
• Since you won’t actually be implementing the plan, describe how you would assess the effectiveness of the health education plan.
• How would you evaluate your outcomes from section two? In other words, how do you know if what you did worked?
• Identify specific health indicators or behaviors you would use to assess learning.
• Describe what other services would be necessary to reduce risk in this population.
6. APA and grammar (20 points)
Note: These directions and the grading rubric for this assignment will be used to evaluate and grade your assignment. Please refer to the details of each when
preparing your assignment.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂