General Studies Research Paper
Then, following the model below (including bold headings), compose and submit a set of 5 research questions for a topic in your field of study or major that really
intrigues you. These research questions will guide you as you begin your research process. You will likely find that one research question stands out and that,
ultimately, your thesis statement may provide answer(s) to that research question.
Remember that your final 2,000 word paper must include a minimum of 7 sources with at least 4 sources coming from peer-reviewed journals from the APUS library.
Field of Study or Major: General Studies
Five (5) Draft Research Questions:
1. What defines an acceptable risk for the Supply Chain?
2. What role does Catholic Religion play in the general elections for voters ages 35 years and older?
3. What makes people shop online versus in store?
4. Has diminished family values contributed to higher crime rates?
5. Should our Politicians be held to higher standards?
Research Question Checklist:
Look at each question to see if it meets most of the criteria shown here. If it does not, please replace or revise it. Then write your revised questions below.
• Does the question deal with something that really interests me?
• Is it a topic I can research at the APUS Library?
• Is the span of information I want to cover reasonable?
• Is the question too broad, too narrow, or just right?
• Is the question an open-ended question that invites inquiry?