GEO 353 Fall 2015
Working with Tables
aka – Attribute Data
Lab 6 Assignment
1. Open the table associated with each of the four geospatial data layers for this lab
one at a time.
a. How many records are in each of the four geospatial data layers?
2. Open the hospitals (Hospitals) table.
a. How many hospitals are in Boone County and what are the names of the
b. How many hospitals are in Hardin County and what are the names of the
c. How many hospitals are in zip code 40509 and what are the names of the
d. How many hospitals are in Lancaster and what are the names of the
3. What is the average population for Kentucky counties in 1990? In 2010? What
is the total population for Kentucky in 1980? In 2000? Use the fields POP90 and
4. What county had the second smallest population in 1990? What county had the
lowest population density in 2000? Use fields POP90 and POP00SQ.
5. Explain what the Summarize function does. How does it work? What are some
of the summary options?
6. Hand in the table you created in the section about Summarizing Fields.
Summarize the addname field.
7. To join or link two tables, what properties must a common field have?
8. When you joined the tables for Madison_water_wells and well_data.dbf in the
Joining Tables section, what is the source table and what is the destination
table? What is the difference between the two?
Submit your answers by the beginning of next lab.