Give an account of Ravels fascination with EITHER machinery OR Spain OR jazz, and assess the effects of this interest on his music.
The assignment tests all five Learning Outcomes, as follows:
On completion of this module the student should have:
1. acquired a general understanding of the compositional methods and aesthetic standpoints of Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel;
2. acquired an in-depth knowledge of the core texts;
3. acquired an awareness of the historical context and significance of the work of Debussy and Ravel;
4. Developed and investigative, critical and analytical skills;
5. Developed written and oral communication skills.