Skip to content
- Define health disparity and identify a specific health disparity you identify in your area of practice. Some examples include asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, low birth weight, infant mortality, HIV/AIDS, TB, Depression, Schizophrenia, Substance Use Disorders, suicide, homicide, among many others.
- Discuss the nine determinants of health – factors that influence health (WHO, 2010) and describe how they could influence the identified health disparity or problem.
- Identify the epidemiology associated with the problem and specify the incidence at both the state and national levels.
- Describe the cultural considerations for your identified problem.
- Describe the health care literacy challenges with the population impacted.
- Apply a health promotion theory to the development of a treatment plan for the condition.