Hispanic / Latin American and Pain Management or End of Life Issues
Hispanic / Latin American
Explore Either –pain management –or– end of life issues. The assignment should include an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement as well as a concluding
paragraph that summarizes the major points of the discussion. The body of the submission should include the following main paragraphs:
I. Description of Population (20%)
• Provide a description of population defined by ethnicity or religion.
o What are the age groups of the population?
o What is the rate of males to females?
o What is the ethnicity of the community?
o What is the poverty level?
o What supportive agencies and resources are available in the community?
• Provide an overview of specific beliefs and values, including those associated with pain management or end-of-life care.
• Describe a Health Promotion TheoryPreview the documentView in a new window used as a model for your assessment and intervention. Additional resources regarding
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention theories and models are available online at the Rural Health Information Hub (Links to an external site.)Links to an external
II. Planning process (20%)
• Describe how you would develop a nursing care plan to address the issue of pain or end of life while remaining culturally sensitive
• Include elements of the nursing process
• Included a minimum of 3 nursing diagnoses
III. Goals (20%)
• Develop culturally sensitive outcome goals with timeline. Goals should be specific and measurable in order to determine if your interventions are successful.
IV. Culturally-sensitive Interventions (15%)
• Include specific interventions that could be included in your plan
• Provide a rationale for each intervention
Use at least 3 current (published within the last 5 years) scholarly journal articles. You may use reliable demographic sources such as the US Census Bureau, (Links to
an external site.)Links to an external site. the World Factbook (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., or your textbook as references———– but
these will not count toward the required count of scholarly articles.
Scholarly Writing (5%)
Use correct APA Format guidelines
Times New Roman 12 font