1. Was the Kennedy presidency a continuation of the Eisenhower presidency? Explain.
2. Explain how Democratic Party liberalism went beyond the New Deal via “Great Society” policies of the Johnson administration?
3. Compare the transformation of Republican Party (from center-right to the extreme right) and the Democratic Party (center-left to centrist) since 1980 to the present day. Explain what caused this transformation.
4. Explain how the policies of Ronald Reagan to George W. Bush began the reversal of the New Deal/Great Society.
5. Explain the continuity of the U.S. policy towards Vietnam from Eisenhower to Nixon.
6. Why was Watergate a constitutional crisis in the United States?
7. Explain the neoliberal policies of Reagan, Clinton and Obama.
8. Explain how lying to justify going to war is a continuity in US foreign policy from
Vietnam War to the Iraq War.
9. Explain how the federal government eroded the 1st Amendment since WW2 during the “Red Scare” of the 1950’s, during the political uprisings of the 1960’s and following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in NYC.
10. How was the women’s movement of the 1960-1975, period different than the suffragist movement of the early 20th Century?
11. How the was the environmental movement inspired by Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring (1963) different than the Progressive Era conservationism?
12. Compare and contrast the goals/strategies of the Civil Right era (1955-1965) to the Black Power movement (1966-1975).