TASK 5-1: AUDIO VISUAL WRITTEN ANALYSIS
Review business use of audio/visual media:
• 5 Ways Traditional Media Companies are Using Online Video | Mashable
• 5 Tips for Using Video to Grow Your Business | Mashable
• 5 Important Web Video Lessons for Small Business Owners | Mashable
• 15 Best Super Bowl XLVII Storytelling Commercials | Tia Nickels
15 best Super Bowl XLVII storytelling commercials
• Using Video to Market Your Business | Chris Brogan (Approx. 2 mins)
In this analysis activity, we will look at some real-world examples of how Full Sail, Dollar Shave Club, and Science World leverage audio/visual media as part of their online marketing strategy.:
• Describe how this Full Sail video is used as a recruitment tool. How could you use this in a video geared toward marketing your blog?
• Describe how this Dollar Shave Club video is used to announce a new product. How could you use this in a video geared toward announcing your blog?
• Describe how this Science World video is used to invite patrons to the museum. How could you use this in a video geared toward inviting readers your blog?
TASK 6-2 Part A – PERSONAL ANALYSIS AND STRATEGY PRESENTATION
• Perform a media analysis of your new online personas at:
• Take an inventory of your blog and other accounts:
o Include visitor metrics and posting frequency.
o Use the media analysis findings to create a strategy for expanding your reach.
Here are a few points to keep in mind when completing this activity:
• The media analysis section should contain blog stats (number of visitors and number of posts this month).
• The media analysis section should contain Twitter stats (number of Tweets, number of followers).
• The media analysis section should contain other social media account information and relevant stats.
• The presentation should include screenshots from the accounts you created.
• The media strategy section should include your plans for growing your audience.