How I will deal with similar situations of confused patients in the future.
A typed written report of at least (1000) words with an annotated bibliography from a nursing perspective.
** Assignment 2 (This assignment): Critical Appraisal, Conclusions and Patient Education (800-1200 words) All of the following should be included:
– Research Question
– Final Search Strategy
– Citation(s) of reviewed paper(s)
– Systematic critical appraisal of each paper, including
o Study design and type(s) of data
o Study population, sampling methods
o Data collection methods
o Data analysis methods
o Main findings
o Clinical implications of findings
o Strengths and weaknesses of each of the above, and in relation to the case
– Conclude with a synthesis of the findings and the use of evidence based practice in this case
o Apply the findings to your patient or client. What decision or advice would you give?
o Evaluation of usefulness of findings to your patient or client
o Unanswered questions and/or related clinical problems needing more evidence
– Summarise the findings in a paragraph for a Patient Education article (less than 150 words)
For the critical appraisal section, take care to use formal, but clear and professional language as if you were communicating to a colleague or presenting your findings to your placement Supervisor and team.
For the Patient Education article, use jargon-free but accurate language, as if communicating to a lay person who has completed high school.
**Assessment criteria that I have to follow to get a satisfactory mark:
1. Has an appropriate paper been selected?
2. Is the study design adequately discussed, including its
strengths and weaknesses?
3. Are the study population, sample size and
sampling method adequately discussed, including
their strengths and weaknesses?
4. Have the data collection method(s) been
adequately examined, including their strengths and weaknesses?
5. Have the data analysis methods been adequately examined,
including their strengths and weaknesses?
6. Have the strengths and weaknesses of each of
the above been examined in relation to the patient or client case?
7. Have the main findings of the study been accurately and succinctly described?
8. Have the general clinical implications of the findings been considered?
9. Have the findings been applied to the patient or
client case, a