How is Spider-Man 2 Linked to 9/11
Research Paper Prompt
To write a well-written analysis of the film Spider-Man 2;
To incorporate, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate secondary sources;
To analyze a rhetorical issue about Spider-Man 2 and present a focused argument about it.
Write a clear thesis that establishes an argument about Spider-Man 2;
Make sure that your thesis is clearly stated and focused;
Support your thesis with logically-derived opinion, observation, and research;
Conclude the essay with a defense of why your argument is important.
1200-1500 words (around 5-6 pages)
Bookman Old Style Font
A Works Cited page
You must incorporate at least three secondary sources into your paper
Use the historical present tense (Descartes says, “Cogito ergo sum”);
You will be incorporating a lot of research into your paper: do not let your sources argue for you;
DO NOT PARAPHRASE;
Make sure you have a clearly stated thesis!
Sources to use:
– “The Terror Dream” by Susan Faludi
– “It’s Complicated” by Jeanne Holland
– “Complex Masculinities: The Super Hero in Modern American Movies” by Yann Roblou
– “Sweetheart, This Ain’t Gender Studies”: Sexism and Superheroes
Use Only These Sources!!
What to write about:
– Link Spider-Man 2 to 9/11
– The movie is saying that it is time for men to get in charge.
– Mary Jane is damsel in distress.