You have just been hired as an HR manager in a health care setting. Select a health care organization of interest. You decide to prepare for your first day on the job by creating a document that compiles tools to manage staffing, increase work production, and improve team dynamics. Complete all four parts.
Part 1: Organization Selection
Selected Health Care Organization:
Part 2: Staffing and Work Production
As a HR manager, your serve the organization at a departmental level. Complete the following boxes, as indicated below.
Quality Improvement and Control (What are you responsible for in relation to “quality improvement and controlling”?)
- 2. 3. Improvement and Techniques (Which techniques improve quality?)
- 2. 3.
Tools of Control (What will be your most commonly used tools of control?)
- 2. 3. Examples of Use (Provide examples of how you may use each of the tools of control identified.)
- 2. 3.
Benchmarks (What will be your most commonly used benchmarks?)
Examples of Use (Provide examples of how you may use each of the benchmarks identified.)
Organization Vision and Mission (Identify your selected organization’s mission and vision.)
- 2. Alignment (How do your selected tools align to your organization’s mission and vision?)
Part 3: Team Dynamics
As an HR manager, you serve the organization at a team level. Complete the following boxes, as indicated below.
Characteristics (Identify characteristics of successful teams.) Attributes (Identify attributes of successful teams.) Practices (Identify practices of successful teams.)
Methods and Approaches (Identify which methods and approaches encourage a culture of collaborations.)
- 2. Examples of Use (Provide an example of how methods and approaches encourage a culture of collaboration. What would it look like in your organization?)
Part 4: Cross-Functional Application
Respond to the following in 250 words:
Today’s complex organizations often require the smooth, integrated functioning of teams across several functional areas. Leading a team of diverse individuals is quite a challenge. Encouraging the effective collaboration of multiple teams of diverse individuals is even more challenging and requires skilled leaders who can understand and impart organizational vision to team members. Skilled leaders must also foster leadership skills in others to achieve collaboration and organizational success.
Imagine yourself in the complex situation of ensuring the integrated functioning of multiple teams. Answer the following questions in the box provided below.
- What knowledge and skills will you need to acquire on your own leadership development journey to successfully prepare for such a challenge? Provide specific strategies and examples.
- What are methods and approaches that encourage a culture of collaboration that encourages cross-functional teams to improve specific patient care and the needs of your organization?