ASB 3101 Human Resource Management
Throughout the group-based assignment, your group will have been involved in a number of activities, including planning, investigating, analysing, team working, presenting and evaluating. There will also have been certain underlying activities such as thinking, persuading, negotiating, testing and encouraging. You are now required to write a reflective essay that
(a) makes use relevant theory to provide a detailed analysis of one aspect of your experience during the group assignment and
(b) considers the implications of your analysis for the effective management of human resources within organisations.
In practice, this means answering four simple questions (these may even be the Section titles that you use in your individual assignment!):
1. What happened to me/my group during the group work? Why might this have happened?
2. What did I learn? What would I do differently?
3. What would be result if the same thing happened in an organisation?
4. How might Human Resource policies and/or practices be used to engender further success/mitigate such problems?
For example, your reflective essay may address one of the following topics:
1. Conflict within the group
2. Cross-generational working
3. Issues surrounding group leadership/management (or a lack thereof!)
4. Decision making
5. Group performance
6. Group formation
7. The use of power (hard and/or soft) within your group
8. Knowledge sharing
9. Group roles
10. The impact of culture on group work
You need not be constrained by this list and should focus on a topic that you are interested in studying (and writing about) in detail.
A high quality reflective essay will involve:
• Meeting the terms of reference (objectives a and b) by answering the four questions presented above
• Excellent presentation and layout (style and structure)
• The ability to undertake constructive/honest self-reflection (openness, clarity and realism of reflective critique)
• The ability to analyse and provide explanations, linking to relevant literature
• An overall grasp and understanding of the processes involved (e.g. conflict and effective group-working)
• This essay should be word-processed
• Its length should be around 3000 words (10% allowance, and excluding references and appendices)
• The essay must be properly structured, including at a minimum – a title page, abstract (max 250 words), introduction, main body with appropriate titles, conclusion and reference list.
• It must include correct and appropriate referencing – including Tables and Figures
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂