identification of challenges faced by the company and the development of service strategies to overcome those challenges.
The final project for this course is an analysis of a service company, including the identification of challenges faced by the company and the development of service strategies to overcome those challenges.
Selection and Outline–you will submit the name of the company you have chosen and an outline of your final project. The company should be a company with plenty of research material available, use the American Customer Satisfaction Index for ideas, see https://www.theacsi.org/customer-satisfaction-benchmarks/benchmarks-by-industry
****I am choosing DIRECTV***
Company Synopsis–submit a synopsis of the company you have selected for your final project. Include company history, competitors, and key service issues considered as obstacles to future company growth.
Service Issues–submit a brief description that identifies the specific service issues faced by the company you have selected. Are these obstacles unique to your organization, or are they industry-wide problems?
Competitor Analysis–submit a brief description of the company’s competitors. Give a brief description of each competitor and compare the company to the competitors in terms of service marketing.
To successfully complete this project, should include several of the following course outcomes:
• Evaluate the competitive advantages that service organizations and companies that sell products can use within the marketplace
• Identify the factors behind a good customer service experience
• Explain the marketing challenges associated with intangible goods and the strategies used to offset those challenges
• Identify the four stages of operational competitiveness and compare the differences of each stage
• Assess how the concepts of organizational behavior work with the overall marketing plan
• Analyze the consequences for managers when service is considered an experience where the consumer is an active participant
• Describe the benefits associated with customer satisfaction and explain why companies should invest in customer satisfaction research
• Explain how successful customer service programs provide employees with tools
• Define, compare and contrast the industrial management approach and the market-focused management approach
• Analyze the four culture-changing initiatives that facilitate cultural change