In the 21st century the general public is bombarded with all forms of popular entertainment media. The representations created by the media are often either positive or negative.
Thesis: Widespread American media products have dominated international television screens throughout the past decade and they encourage audiences to view different types of family in a range of positive ways.
Simpsons (Typical Family),
Modern Family: Cam and Mitch( Homosexual Family)
The Karadashians (Fame Family)
Each argument must contain 3 quotes or actions to support why this type of family is represented in a positive way. This is a feature article.
• A particular set of values/attitudes, beliefs or behaviours
• Whether these values, attitudes, beliefs or behaviours are positive or negative
• The position being invited by these media products
• How these media products invite a position eg. language choices, selection and omission of detail, images
• The position you adopt in relation to these products
Body of Feature Article:
Intro (lead into argument 1 &and contain thesis)
Argument 1: how the Simpsons are being represented as a typical family in a positive way x 3 pieces of evidence
Argument 2: how Modern Family (Cam and Mitch) are represented as a homosexual family in a positive way x 3 pieces of evidence
Argument 3: The Kardashians and how they are represented as a rich and powerful family in a positive way x 3 pieces of evidence
Conclusion + Future vision/personal opinion statement (Finish with a kick!!)