This element involves a 2300 word essay. The assessment provides an opportunity to reflect critically on managing organizational change and its implications for change management practice. Using relevant theories, your analysis should lead to an evaluation and discussion of the principles of effective change management in organisations. It is recommended that the section on effective change management should account for at least one third of the essay.
This part of the coursework is designed to develop your ability to:
• Understand theories and conceptual frameworks of the management of organisational change
• Conduct an insightful analysis of the effective management of organisational change by linking theory and practice
• Undertake critical evaluation and present a succinct, reasoned, coherent argument
This essay requires you to review an example of organisational change. This might be an experience that you have had whilst working in an organisation, from a published case study, or events encountered in the media . You should analyse this organisational change using models/theories of organisational change from two of the following themes covered in the study units: Communications & Resistance; Planned Approaches; Process, Stories & Political Approaches; Change Leadership; Learning Organisation & Organisation Development (OD); Structure and Systems; Culture.
Using relevant theories, your analysis should lead to an evaluation and discussion of the principles of effective change management in organisations. It is recommended that the section on effective change management should account for at least one third of the essay.
Tutors will mark the essay based on the following assessment criteria:
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant theories (T)
• Analysis linking theory and practice (A)
• Critical evaluation and coherent argument (C)
Format of Written Work
• Word count includes everything in the main body of the essay (including headings, tables, citations, quotes, lists, acronyms and numbers expressed as digits or in words. etc.)
• The reference/ bibliography pages and any Appendix at the end are excluded from the word count.
• Appendices may be included for reference but WILL NOT be marked