You may select any of the topics below for the focus of your impact assignment.
Failure to Thrive (infancy)
Parenting Styles (impact on children)
Attachment Styles (impact on children)
Autism (impact on child)
Divorce (impact on child)
Death of a Parent (impact on child)
Death of a Child (impact on adult)
Influence of Technology (impact on child or adolescent)
Multiracial/Biracial (impact on the individual)
Military Service (impact on the individual)
Culture or Religion (impact on the individual)
Poverty (impact on the individual)
Failure to Launch (impact on the individual)
Adult Attachment and the Implications on Romantic Relationships (impact on the individual)
Job Loss (impact on the individual)
Empty Nest syndrome (impact on the parent)
The Sandwich Generation (impact on the parent caring for children and parents)
Retirement transition (impact on the individual)
Death of a Spouse (impact on the living spouse)
Dementia (impact on the individual)
The Burden of Caring for an Elderly Parent (impact on the adult child)
• How is the topic defined or conceptualized?
• Importance to the field of human development
• At what age and stage does this issue typically impact a person?
• What is its potential impact on a person’s development progress?
• What is the impact to cognitive, social, emotional, relationship, and/or moral dimensions of development?
Faith & Professional Perspectives
• Are there Christian principles or biblical themes that provide explanation or clarification you want to include?
• What are the most important considerations for human services providers to know as they work with individuals and families experiencing this impact to development?