- a) The strength of the internet has affected traditional marketing in several ways. List five of them and how they affected marketing.
b) From the customer’s perspective, what are the value-added benefits of e-marketing?
c) Marketers face new challenges with the advent of streaming, on-demand, and other digital video recorders. What is the main challenge and what have companies like TIVO or Hulu done to alleviate some of the concerns of marketers?
- a) What are the four perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard?
b) The Balanced Scorecard provides several metrics for evaluating the customer perspective. What are these specific metrics?
c) On what bases can organizations appraise or evaluate their business models?
- a) What are some of the typical objectives of e-marketing plans?
b) What are some of the intangible benefits of e-marketing strategies and how can financial figures be tied to these benefits?
- a) What are some significant technological challenges to e-marketing in emerging economies?
b) What are some of the possible solutions to the limited use of credit cards in emerging economies?
c) Consider an internet or e-commerce company that sells exclusively in the US but wants to expand globally. What kind of strategy would you recommend for their initial expansion? What are some of the factors they should consider in pursuing this expansion?
- a) What is the distinction between law and ethics?
b) What are the norms used by the FTC that represent the minimum requirements essential to the ethical use of consumer information?
c) What are some ways for consumers to protect themselves from fraud?