SEE BELOW FOR RUBRIC AND INSTRUCTIONS
REQUIRED TEXT BOOK IS (COMMUNITY/PUBLIC HEALTH NIRSING: PROMOTING THE HEALTH OF POPULATIONS 6TH ED BY NIES, M.A.&MCEWEN,M.(2011)
MY CLINICAL AGENCY IS THE DIMENSION HEALTHCARE SYSTEM FAMILY HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER LOCATED IN SUITLAND MARYLAND. I WILL BE WORKING WITH THE WOMENS HEALTH GROUP.
Students must submit all journals through the Assignment Tool
Failure to submit the journals will result in zero points for the assignment.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING CLINICAL JOURNAL: #1 Prior to submitting journal 1 the student needs to have read Chapter 6, which is the community assessment content, and the appropriate chapter in the textbook that describes the PAR. The student should have spent 2 days with the agency /PAR and have researched the agency and the PAR. Journal one needs to include:
1. A definition of Community Health Nursing utilizing the textbook and power point (1 points) (in your own words)
2. Summary of student clinical activities (be specific) prior to the due date of journal. Clinical activities must reflect population-focus (2 points)
3. Summary of the agency including name, population served, funding sources and services provided. (2 points)
4. Student clinical outcomes met to date (refer to student clinical outcomes for the course) (1 point) The outcomes and the clinical activity that supports achievement of the outcomes must be written out.
5. Documentation of the connection between the clinical activities and course content. (Must document at least three areas of course content with explanation) (2 points)
6. Risk factors for the PAR and identify health education needs that can be addressed throughout the semester. (2 point)