Unit 4 Discussion
• Analyze the primary issues related to diversity in leadership
• Compare and contrast transformational and transactional leadership styles and explain how they each impact ones organization
• Explain how politics can be used in both positive and negative ways within organizations
3. Identify and describe leadership aspects related to an individual’s mind and emotions.
5. Apply leadership skills in the personal work environment, creating a corporate vision and strategic direction, shaping the culture, and leading change initiatives.
6. Demonstrate critical thinking and ethical reasoning through consideration and application of appropriate and effective leadership approaches in varied contexts
Assigned Reading & Preparation Activities
These readings and preparation activities are about leading teams and motivation & empowerment and will help you complete this unit’s assignments and achieve the learning objectives listed above.
• Read Chapters 11-13, Leadership Experience 6TH 15 Edition
*Author: Daft, Richard L.
• and review chapter 8-10 PowerPoint presentations (attached)
• Unit 3 Assigned Library Journal Article (attached)
o Godfrey, A. B. (2011). Perfection is possible. Quality Progress, 44(12), 8-10.
Assess your general level of personal vision using the assessment on page 401. Please share and describe the meaning of the result. Do not be concerned about the result as this is a benchmark for all to help identify next steps and not a reflection on any one individual. Please also share your personal vision statement. Based on what you have found, what might be your next steps in your development of your personal vision? Please explain your responses.
• Write a 250-350 -word post that demonstrates conceptual understanding, presents arguments, defends rationale, and synthesizes several expert findings and/or perspectives by supporting answer (s) with at least four professional or scholarly sources (two from course text and materials and two from other text or materials) and incorporates a real world application.
• Proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Use Times New Roman, 12 pt., double-spaced, APA format.
• Use a Plagiarism Checker. Anything above 20% similarity is too high – so keep an eye on the use of quotations. Learners should carefully evaluate their paper for similarity to the original work and work on paraphrasing (with citations) rather than direct quotes in most cases.
• Use the below class material (as two references), two periodical (newspapers, magazines, journals) (other then what’s listed below) from the internet, (totals four (4) sources) to answer the above question (s);
o Daft, R., & Lane, P. (2015). The leadership experience (Sixth ed.). Australia: Cengage Learning.
o Journal: Godfrey, A. B. (2011). Perfection is possible. Quality Progress, 44(12), 8-10.