Leadership, Organizational Culture, and Change
Choose one of the following options to base your case study on:
1. Consider the following quote by a Schein (2004), a researcher in leadership and organizational culture and change:
When we examine [organizational] culture and leadership closely, we see that they are two sides of the same coin; neither can really be understood by itself. On the one hand, cultural norms define how a given nation or organizations will define leadership – who will be promoted, who will get the attention of followers. On the other hand, it can be argued that the only thing of real importance that leaders do is to create and manage culture; that the unique talent of leadership is their ability to understand and work with culture; and that it is an ultimate act of leadership to destroy culture when it is viewed as dysfunctional.
– (Schein, E. H. 2004. Organizational culture and leadership. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, pp. 10-11).
2. Select an alternate quote or case based on leadership or culture to base your case study on. Submit your alternate choice to your instructor for approval before beginning your study.
Writing and Completing Your Case Study
1. Choose a leader and investigate the organizational culture that she or he is involved in leading.
? You can do this through a face-to-face conversation with the person or through online research.
2. In a minimum of ten pages (12 pt, 1.5 spacing), describe the leader you have chosen and the organizational culture s/he leads. Based on your understanding of leadership and organizational culture, and leading change in organizations, identify a specific incident or situation related to the leader’s work that either supports or disproves the quote above.
3. You must utilize specific references to the textbook material to fully explain and support your discussion. You must use the course material as a basis to frame your thinking.
4. Review the grading rubric at the end of this document for guidance in completing your case study. Please feel free to contact your instructor if you have any questions.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂