Topic: Life Transition
Paper must address a topic that is applicable to the counseling of women.
• Topic must be approved by your instructor by Module/Week 3.
• Personal testimonies are not an acceptable topic. This paper must address a topic or issue that can be researched.
• Title page, abstract, and reference page are required, all adhering to APA format.
• Paper must be written in current APA format.
• Paper must be 8–10 pages in length. This page count does not include title page, abstract page and reference page.
• Paper should be written in 12 point Times New Roman font.
• Paper should be written in 3rd person.
• Paper must have a minimum of 10 professional references. These references may come from peer-reviewed journal articles or books written on your topic.
• References should be properly cited in the body of the paper as well as on the reference page using current APA format.
• Refer to the Research Paper Grading Rubric for additional detailed requirements
Title Page (5)
1 Running head is present, correct, & throughout paper (ex. Running head: ABBREVIATED TITLE) 1
2 Page # in top R corner & present throughout paper 1
3 Full title is appropriate and in proper place (see APA for good title content) 2
4 Student name and school in proper place (course #, date, and student id # is not included) 1
5 The abstract is of proper word length (150–250 word max), and of relevant content 3
6 Proper APA (not indented, no reference, double spaced, correct heading, etc.) 2
Assignment Content (80)
7 The assignment is grammatically correct (including sentence structure) 10
8 The assignment is typographically correct 5
9 Text is written in a coherent, succinct manner 5
10 Points are presented with exceptional logic and insight and supported by research 10
11 Content is relevant, sufficiently fulfills assignment requirements, and adequately addresses the topic 10
12 Headings are correct; separate heading used to organize major points 5
13 Assignment is written in 3rd person (i.e. do not use personal pronouns “I”, “you”, we”, etc.) 10
14 Assignment is of proper length: 8–10 pages not including title page, abstract, and reference pages) 15
15 Assignment utilizes at least the required number of professional sources 10
16 Citations on the reference page match citations in text 10
17 The assignment contains a reference page free of errors (know APA well) 10
18 References are from professional and scholarly—primary—sources (using original sources), and written within the last 10 years 10
19 Quotations are introduced (don’t start sentences), long quotes proper (& not excessive) 3
20 Proper in text citations (presentation) (i.e. Smith, 2011, p. 123) 7
General APA (20)
21 One inch margins (on L and R sides; don’t even/fix R margin) 2
22 There is not additional space between paragraphs 2
23 Proper indenting and paragraph length 3
24 Font size and style are correct (Times New Roman, 12 point font) 3
25 Proper presentation of numerals (usually written up to nine, numerals 10 and up) 1
26 Proper introduction, use, and presentation of abbreviations 1
27 Proper use of quotations, commas, italics, and other punctuation 3
28 Other Miscellaneous APA 5