- What was Lyndon Johnson’s distinctive style in the presidency, and what
and the Soviet Union were the legislative goals of his “Great Society”?
- how was the idealistic and nonviolent spirit of the civil rights movement
transformed in the mid-1960s by white racial “backlash,” black power, and urban rioting?
- how did Lyndon Johnson and his advisers lead the United States deeper into the Vietnam quagmire, and
why did that war create such deep divisions in american politics and society?
- What were the roots of the cultural rebellion of the 1960s, and what were its short-term and long-term
- What were Richard Nixon’s greatest foreign and domestic policy
achievements, and how was his presidency destroyed by the Watergate crimes?