Management tools SWOT and PEST are used by managers to inform decisions regarding business strategies. Discuss the usefulness and limitations of these tools in relation to a chosen organisation, providing commentary on how managers may overcome/minimise
N1065 Assessment: Briefing Sheet
The purpose of this document is to give you guidance on how to complete the essay which is 50% of the overall assessment of N1065 (with the other 50% coming from the examination).
Management tools SWOT and PEST are used by managers to inform decisions regarding business strategies. Discuss the usefulness and limitations of these tools in relation to a chosen organisation, providing commentary on how managers may overcome/minimise any limitations and improve management decisions.
Points to note
1.The word limit is 1000 (+/- 10%). Neither the title page nor your reference list count towards the word limit but your in-text referencing will count. Please state the number of words you have used. Your marks will be reduced if you under- or over-shoot the word limit.
2.The current university policies on plagiarism and late submission apply. The deadline is as listed in Study Direct. Please submit electronically.
3.Reference your work in a way that follows the advice and guidance available on the a3Sa (Study Success at Sussex) site or any received from your Academic Advisor and/or your N1065 seminar leader and/or in lectures. Furthermore we suggest you use aTURNITINa to review your own work.
4. The exact title as above should be displayed; not your own version of the title.
5. It is an essay and no sub-titles are expected.
6. In the early stages of the essay you should state clearly the management tools you are going to write about and which organisation is the main focus of your essay. You should also give a very brief description of your selected organisation a but donat waste too many words on this; it wonat gain you many marks (for example donat go into detail about its history).
7. Try not to use overlong quotations a they soak up too many words. Use a range of authoritative sources and reference properly. Referencing lecture slides will bring very few marks; avoid this a and Wikipedia!
8. In your essay you are trying to show understanding and application of relevant concepts, models, arguments and theories. You should do this convincingly, and for a higher mark, critically. So for example donat assume that your selected organisation gets it right all the time a you are being asked to give your view on how well the tools enable the organisational members to make good decisions.
9. Remember it is an essay, not a report, so you donat need to end with recommendations. You should provide a conclusion which reviews what you have found and draws the readeras attention to the key issues a and these might be aproblem areasa or challenges for the organisation you have chosen and it is here you may wish to include critical elements and limitations of the tools.
10. Donat hand in your essay until you have checked it through and proof-read it a AND donat hand it in late!
This guidance is not definitive. You can seek the opinion of your seminar leader regarding your choice of organisation when you meet in seminars or you can, by arrangement, drop them an email a or you can use the N1065 forum. However, we will not comment on essay drafts. You will probably never get as much guidance as you want or feel that you need. This is partly because we should be astretchinga you and giving you responsibility for your own learning. This is intellectually demanding and can feel uncomfortable.
So a we wonat ateach youa how to write an essay as we expect students to either have these skills on entry and/or be sufficiently intellectually capable to alearn by doinga. Please visit aStudy Success at Sussex (S3a)a accessible via the 1st section of the N1065 Study Direct site which has some very good advice about writing academic essays and critical writing.
*PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT YOUR SEMINAR LEADER TO GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH ORGANISATION TO STUDY: MAKING YOUR OWN APPROPRIATE CHOICE IS PART OF THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Please read this in conjunction with the relevant parts of your Course Handbook.
The marks for your essay will be allocated in the following way
1.Clarity, style, layout and fluency: 20 marks
2.Reading and referencing: 20 marks
3.Understanding and demonstrated the benefits and limitations of the tools: 20 marks
4.Appropriate application of evidence which leads to discussion and informed cautionary notes: 25 marks
5.Evidence of the ability to make informed critical judgement: 15 marks
dont choose organisation like apple, ikea apart from these two you can choose any other.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂