MANAGING BUSINESS OPERATIONS-CRITICAL ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF OPERATIONS
CRITICAL ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF OPERATIONS
You are required to select and research an organisation with a view to reporting on its operations.
The assessment is in three parts. The first part deals with the background of the operations. The second part deals with the transformation process, the five performance objectives and the four V’s of operations management. The third part deals with process design.
PART ONE – Background of the Operations (10%)
• Identify an organisation with which you are familiar and briefly describe its general and business context – purpose, size, competitors, customers, and recent performance.
• Discuss the main external factors that affect the organisation.
PART TWO – Transformation Processes and Evaluation of the Operations (60%)
• Describe the main operations of the organisation in terms of inputs, transformation processes, and outputs.
• Analyse the organisation in terms of the four V’s of operations management – volume, variety, variation, and visibility. (If your chosen organisation is very diversified you may find it easier to consider different products/services that the organisation offers, rather than considering the organisation as a whole)
• Evaluate what each of the five operations performance objectives means to the organisation and which factors are most valued by its customers (again this might be different for different products/services).
PART THREE – Process Design (30%)
Identify a key process within your chosen organisation, which you would be involved with as an operations manager:
• Describe the layout and the flow of customers, materials, or information, as appropriate.
• Discuss what you think are the main objectives of the process design, and whether or not these objectives are being achieved.
• Describe how control and feedback mechanisms might be used within the process.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂