Managing Projects, Budgets and Costs
Essay on Managing projects, managing budgets and managing costs
Part 1:(Managing Projects)
As a result of your learning from this modules, apply the project management techniques to a past, present or future project in your organisation(WalMart or a chain of retail shops). Comment on the appropriateness of the application of each of the 5 principal phases in the successful management of a project. Suggest ways in which the project management process could be improved. (2000 words).
1. Badiru, A (2009). Science, technology, and engineering project methodology. STEP project management: Guide for science, technology and engineering project(pp.1-42).
2.Field, M.& Keller (1998). Four common types of project teams.Project management(pp.242-243, 245).
3. Frame, J.D.(1994). Managing risk. The nnew project management: Tools for an age of rapid change, corporate re-engineering and other business realities (pp.80-89)
4. Portny, S.(2010)Establishing, whom you need,how much and when. Project management for dummies (3rd ed., pp.129-150).
5.Baker, S. & K.(1998).The network diagram: A map of your project. The complete idiot’s guide to project management(pp.85-100).
6. Thomsett,M.(2010). Establishing a schedule. The little black book of project management(pp.94-108).
7. Biafore,B (2007). Introduction. Microsoft project 2007: The missing manual (1st ed).
9 Cleland, D.(1994). Project control. Project management: Strategic design and implementation(285-298).
Part 2 (Managing Budgets)
Discuss the major behavioural issues associated with budgeting in this project. Critically evaluate what would you do to avoid any negative effects (e.g. motivation, participation, rewards, conflicts, etc..). (750 words).
1. Drucker,P.(2001. Be data literate)-Know what to know. In S.M. Young (Ed.). Readings in management accounting(pp.2-3). Englewood Cliffs.
2. Cunningham,B., Nikolai, L.& Bazley,J (2004). Intorduction to business and accounting. Accounting: information for business decisions (2nd ed., pp.2-23).
3. Parker,D. Ferris,K & Oatley (1998). The impact of accounting information on management behaviour and performance. Accounting for the human factor(pp.65-88).
4. Steele,R. & Albright, C.(2004,spring). Games mangers play at budget time, MIT Sloan Management Review, 61-64.
5. Juchau,R.,Flanagan, MItchell, Tibbits. Ingram, Albright, Baldwin, & Hill (2004). The role of budgets in decision making. Accounting: Information for decision(pp.M198-M218). Melbourne.
6. Weygandt,Kimmel & Kieso(2008). Budgetary control and responsibility accounting. Managerial Accounting: Tools for business decision making (4th ed., pp.414-439).
7.Etherington,L. & Tjlsvold.(1998).Managing budget conflicts: contribution of goal interdependence and interaction. revue Canadienne des Sciences de l’Administration; Jun, 15(2),142-151.
8. Anandarajah,A., Aseervatham, & Reid(2005). Prepare the manage budgets and finanacial plans (3rd ed.,pp.266-275). Frechs Forest.
9. Hart,J., Wilson & Keers(2000).Budgeting principles (2nd ed.,pp.4-6). Frenchs forest.
10. Neely, A., Bourne, & Adams(2003). Better Budgeting or beyond budgeting. Measuring Business excellence, 7(3), 22-28.
Part 3. (Managing Costs)
Locate a cost report or variance report, for this project or for another, or identify future expected costs. Identify the various cost categories (eg. fixed, variable direct, indirect and overhead) and comment on how effective these are in managing the costs that relate to the specific project. Discuss how these could be improved to enhance the management of costs associated with this project. Include in your comments the relationship between ensuring quality outcomes for the project and the importance od controlling cost. (750 words).
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂