The following post has three assignments namely;
1.MANAGING THE COMPLEXITY OF CREATIVITY AND COMMERCE
Perna Arts is a movie production company based in Mumbai that has gradually branched into related businesses straddling distribution, exhibition, programming and education. The company was among
the first to go public after the movie business attained industry status in India in 1998. It was also one of the first in the business to recruit a professional manager as a chief executive
officer (CEO) in 2002, to put in place processes, systems, performance metrics and procedures aligned to its strategic priorities. The company’s aim was to make two to four movies a year — enough
to create a rolling stock that could open up multiple revenue streams and offset losses with hits. However, by early 2012, the company was battling against temporary setbacks, such as failing to
deliver hit movies.
The company was gearing up to meet audience expectations and produce hits by experimenting with various genres of movies and by introducing new, untried creative and acting talent. The company’s
management wondered whether it could adopt a more business-like approach to movie making, using sound management principles to wean Perna Arts away from its person-centric, intuitive process.
Explain the role how does Perna Arts develop and leverage core competencies over time, and discuss how he manages the creative aspect of a project in regard of the case provided.
2. The New Conquistador
1. How important was the EU’s directive eliminating national telecommunications monopolies by 1998 in shaping Telefonica strategy? what would the company look like today if spain were not a member
of the EU?
2. How important were cultural ties in determening Telefonica success in latin america?
3. Why did telefonica initially choose to enter the Czech market rather than the french or german markets?
4. Considering telefonica’s large and persistent share of the spanish telecommunications market, how successful has the eu’s directive been in promoting competition within the European
5. Minority investors in Telefonica south american subsidieries are unhappy with the parent corporation. Suppose you are the senior manager at the parent corporation. How would u handle the problem
of the minority investors? what would you recommend the CEO should be done about the minority of investors?
3. A Place Called Lovely” Video Critique
How did the video look? For example: Color or B&W? Was it fast paced or slow? Many cuts or few? Was it a narrative (told a story)? Did it have a conventional structure, or did it jump from image
to image without obvious logic? Were images modified?