Marketing Campaign: Building a Marketing Plan for Either a Republican or Democratic Candidate
Your task: The year is 2016 and the United States is about to elect their 45th president after Obama’s two consecutive terms.
Background: Describe the backdrop in which the presidential elections in the US are taking place.
1. Explain the main impact of digital technologies on the marketing and advertising strategy for the 2016 elections. Explain the connection between the elections and the adoption of digital media technologies. Use at least two references from course Syllabus (from 2 separate readings) and two references to class lectures/presentations including guest speakers. You may also use additional sources (newspaper articles, reports, etc.)
THIS PART WE DID ALREADY AND WAS SENT TO YOU ALREADY UNDER THE FILE: Transitioning_ Media. … WE JUST NEED:…………
Marketing campaign: You have been appointed to build a marketing plan for either the Republican or the Democratic candidate (you choose which political party you would like to promote).
2. Using terms and language discussed throughout the course describe your marketing campaign strategy :
• What is your campaign goal?
• What would you like to achieve through this campaign?
• What is your story?
• Who is your target audience?
• Specify the 4 P’s relevant to your strategy
3. Describe your marketing plan
• Explain your cross platform strategy (traditional media and digital media). Choose the platforms that are relevant to your campaign.
• Explain and provide examples for the various platforms you choose. Explanations may be based on class lectures and readings. Examples can include those discussed in class. Bonus points for including new examples from Israel or abroad.
• What are your KPI’s?
• How do you define the promotion/marketing channels of your brand in earned, paid and owned media terms?
• How will you generate traffic: SEO? Paid search? Social media engagement?
• How will you measure the success of the campaign?