You are a family mediator. Husband and Wife, also parents of two young children come to you to mediate their entire divorce. Using what you know so far, write in your own words an opening monologue to divorcing parents that:
(1) Welcomes spouses to mediation;
(2) Describes the benefits of mediation compared to litigation;
(3) Explains the role(s) of the mediator;
(4) Explains the mediation process basics that you feel are important (number of sessions, length of sessions, etc.); and
(5) Describes any ground rules/guidelines that you think are important, if any, for spouses beginning mediation to understand.