“Measurement & Sampling” folder (in “Content”, on the left-hand side when logged into Blackboard). Read the abstract and the methods section (or its equivalent), and then answer the following questions:
1. What is the research question (hypothesis investigated in the study)? For training purposes, you should try to identify which one of the 4 types of research the study represents (this is an optional part of the assignment, doesn’t affect the grade).
2. What are the key concepts/variables? Choose 2 variables that are essential for the main hypothesis/research question; usually it’s the independent variable (or cause) and the dependent variable (or outcome).
3. Describe how each of the two variables was measured. Identify the level of measurement for each of the two variables.
For the next two questions, choose only one of the 2 variables you were focusing on and answer the following questions about that one (make sure to identify clearly which variable you are talking about):
4. Does the measure seem reliable? Explain why or why not.
5. Does the measure seem valid? Explain why or why not.