Copy and paste the following questions into a Word Document and include your answers beneath the
question. Save your document as your last name_Assignment_3″ and submit through this link. Each
question is worth 20 pts and will be graded based on the attached rubric. Write concisely and completely.
Most information should be taken from your text. You may use outside sources but you must cite and
reference any that you use. All formatting should follow APA format.
1) Define and give the formula for relative risk. How does it differ from an odds ratio?
2) A cohort study was conducted to study the association between coffee drinkers and anxiety in a
population-based sample of adults. Among 20,000 coffee drinkers, 500 developed anxiety. Among the
50,000 non-coffee drinkers, 250 cases of anxiety were observed. Develop a table to determine the relative
risk of anxiety associated with coffee use. What is the relative risk (RR)? What is the etiologic fraction?
Show your work including your 2×2 table.
3) Compare and contrast absolute vs relative effects. What are the measurements for each and when is
4) You are reviewing the results of a cohort study of vitamin D supplements and prostate cancer. The study
had an alpha level of 0.05 and 95% confidence interval (CI). The study findings report a relative risk (RR) of
0.75, P value = 0.20, 95% CI (1.45 – .60).
Interpret these results: comment on the RR, P value, and CI.
5) Compare and contrast intervention studies (controlled clinical trials vs. community interventions). What are advantages and disadvantages of controlled experimental vs. quasi-experimental