Answer the 8 questions, no intro, just straight forward to answer the questions.
1. A heterozygous red flower is crossed with a homozygous white flower. What will be the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring? What ratios will they be found in?
2. In a cross between RR and rr what will be the proportion of heterozygotes in the F2 generation?
3. Cystic fibrosis is a recessive genetic disease. If both parents are carriers for cystic fibrosis what is the probability of a child having cystic fibrosis? How would the probability change if cystic fibrosis was a dominant genetic disease?
4. If round seed is dominant to wrinkled seed and yellow is dominant to green, what will be the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring if both parents are heterozygous for both traits?
5. How will the offspring change if the traits are codominant?
6. Common red-green color blindness is an X-linked trait. A woman whose father is color blind married a normal man and they have one son. What is the probability that he is color blind?
7. Do you have or know anyone who has red-green color blindness? How has it impacted their life? ( I don’t know anyone)
8. Two mothers give birth to sons at the same time at a busy hospital. The son of mother 1 has hemophilia, neither parent has the disorder. The son of mother 2 does not have hemophilia, but his father does. Several years later, couple 1 sues the hospital claiming the boys were switched at birth. If you were a genetic counselor called to testify in this case, what would you tell the court?