The following post has tWO assignments namely;
Mendel did experiments where he kept track of seed color
(yellow or green). First, he created true breeding lines: parents
with green seeds produced offspring with green seeds, and parents
with yellow seeds produced offspring with yellow seeds. When he
crossed yellow with green peas from these true-breeding lines (F0 generation), all
of the offspring were yellow.
a) For the peas what is the gene? And what are the alleles?
b) How many plants in the F1 generation are green?
c) What is the phenotype of the F1 generation?
d) When he crossed members of the F1 generation what was the phenotypic ratio?
e) If he crossed plants 800 times from the F1 generation how many would be green?
f) What is the phenotypic ratio of the F2 generation?
g) What would be the genotypic ratio had he backcrossed members of the
F1 generation with individuals from the true green breeding line?
h) If he did this 100 times approximately how many of the plants would be green?
2) Describe the concept of the Lamarkian inheritance of acquired characteristics, and explain why you think it is incorrect.
• Question 1. (1 mark) What command would you enter to list all files in the current directory that start with the two-letter string “He”?
• Question 2. (2 marks) What command would you enter to list all files in the current directory that start with the letter H (uppercase or lowercase) followed by the letter E(uppercase or
• Question 3. (3 marks) What command would you enter to list the relative pathnames of all files in the FOO subdirectory of the current directory that have filenames ending with .java? All
files listed must have filenames that contain at least 8 characters. For example, FOO/Hello.java should be in the output list, but FOO/Hi.java would not be in the output list.
• Question 4. (1 mark) What command would you enter to count the lines of all files in the current directory that start with the letter T (only uppercase)? Your command should just output a
• Question 5. (2 marks) What command would you enter to display the names of all files in the current directory that contain a non-alphabetic character somewhere in the filename?
• Question 6. (3 marks) What command would you enter to display the names of all files in the current directory with a filename that starts with a two-digit number greater than or equal to 10
followed by the letter T, but ends with a non-nonnumeric character?
• Question 7. (2 marks) Create a command that outputs the text: The user, hsimpson, is logged in n times.
hsimpson here is the username of the person running your command and n represents the number of times hsimpson is logged in. For example, if I was logged in 3 times and ran your command, the output