1. What is ‘critical thinking’? Does critical thinking lead to one ‘right’ solution? Does it prioritize certain beliefs / positions / political ideologies over others?
2. Defining and discussing terms and contextual concepts (colonialism/disability/discourse/mental health/social exclusion/institutionalized oppression/internalized oppression.
3. Pick and reflect on one concept relevant to the lives of Aboriginal young people (risk/marginalization/empowerment / opportunity / positive development).
4. Reflect on how this concept is usually interpreted in different discourses (news media, social service organizations, politicians).
5. How do you interpret this concept?
6. How do these concepts relate to the realities of Aboriginal Youth/Children in Toronto?
7. Are there some missing elements that need to be considered?