NETWORK DESIGN PROJECT PART 1 INSTRUCTIONS
For this project, you will utilize NIST ICS security framework and high-level network diagram to create a report describing the network design necessary to address common security issues.
1. NIST SP 800-82 – security framework and high-level network diagram
2. Other external resources as needed
1. Assume that you are designing a network architecture for a complex enterprise with a diverse application, user community, and device mix.
2. Incorporate and modify the NIST SP 800-82 ICS security framework and network diagram as needed to elaborate on a more comprehensive network design.
3. Describe how the overall network architecture addresses the following security threats and vulnerabilities:
a. Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks
b. Worms, virus, and Trojan horses
c. Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks
d. Rootkit injections
e. Data security/privacy on remote mobile devices
4. Document how each component in the network architecture addresses the security issues from step 2 (and others).
5. Beyond the network design, what additional measures do you recommend to address security concerns?
Write a 5-page research -based paper in current APA format that focuses on a network solution design using best practices in network security. The paper must include at least 5 references in addition to the course textbook and the Bible. Include ICS security policies and network diagram.