Nuclear generated power and Utilitarianism
This is an assignmet (Literature Review) in Business Ethics (see attachment book name) for Ethic concept to Enviroment issue
Description of Task
This literature review will link environmental / social topics with one of the following moral approaches / practices:
– Kant, Virtue, Human Rights, Duty of Care, Neoliberalism, Utilitarianism, Egoism, Consequentialist, Corporate Social Responsibility
You should negotiate a topic(see below for list) with your team members and class facilitator (first in, best dressed).
Each team member will select a different moral approachfor their literature review using the same topic as the base for the review i.e.: all members of the group (team) have chosen pollution as their base topic, now each member will decide which of the above ethical approaches that they will use in their literature review.
Choose from one of these environmental topics:
– Air pollution;fracking and water quality; nuclear generated power and the community; generic engineering and food safety; costs of medicines and health care; medical advancements and longevity of life; and consumer goods – littering and management of wastes
Once your team has confirmed a unique literature review topic based around the environmenteach member will complete a review of the literature based on her/his unique moral frame.
You will be expected to include at least six (6) peer-reviewed journal articlesin your submission. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a ‘Fail’ grade being recorded. Academy of Management referencing style is required.
Here are some examples of the application of ethical concepts to an environmental issue or concern, and stated as a literature review topics:
• Kant and the environment
• Duty of care and the use of fracking to gain energy sources
• Human Rights and privatisation
• Neoliberalism and the environment
• The ethics of private/public partnerships
• Corporate social responsibility and communities