Master’s Prepared Nurse Leading Change Paper
1. Discuss the essential elements needed by a master’s prepared nurse leader to be an
effective change agent.
2. Discuss why the leadership role is an integral component for the mastered prepared
3. Identify and provide background information of a healthcare delivery situation within
the nurse’s current practice that needs change.
4. Select and discuss a leadership theory and/or change model that the master’s
prepared nurse can apply to the selected healthcare delivery situation-
5. Develop a proposed plan for change the master‘s prepared nurse could initiate to
address the selected healthcare delivery situation, provide rationale-
6. Discuss strategies the master’s prepared nurse can utilize to initiate change and
improve outcomes related to the selected healthcare delivery situation-
7. Discuss how the master’s prepared nurse leader can facilitate interprofessional
communication and collaboration during the change process
8. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title
and reference page.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
10- Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper-
11- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and
in a scholarly manner- To clarify: l, we, you, me, our may not be used- In addition,
describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used-
12- Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal
references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than
five (5) years old-
13- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference
page, and instext citations).