Just use a reasonable 3 day meals for an active 30 year old male.
HUN1201 Fundamentals of Nutrition
PROJECT INFORMATION: DUE SATURDAY, JUNE 18TH (week 3)
For this project you will complete a 3-day food journal, analyze your dietary intake utilizing the My Fitness Pal database, and write a summary of your findings based on the dietary analysis. You will outline what may be wrong with your diet, what changes you can make, and how you will go about making those changes. This project will be submitted at the end of the course.
Course objectives covered: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Based on your readings, use of technology, literature, and other sources do the following:
1. Record everything you eat and drink for 3 days. It is best to choose 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Use the Food Journal (template provided); print one for each day.
2. Review the following website to help determine portion sizes, http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-portion-size-plate
3. Enter your food intake into the following website that will analyze your diet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
• You can also download the App to your smart phone and track your dietary intake with your phone.
4. A) Summarize your dietary intake. Identify an area of your diet that you can improve. For example,
Do you have a vitamin deficiency?
Do you over consume carbs, fats, or protein?
Do you drink enough water, or do you drink too much soda?
Is your sodium consumption too high?
B) You must explain your diet and how would you go about making a change in your diet? What could you do differently? Write a one page summary thoroughly discussing your dietary intake, what may be wrong with your diet, what is right about your diet, what changes you would like to make, and develop a plan to make those changes.
• The body of the paper should be 1-2 pages (not including title page, abstract, tables, charts, exhibits or references) typed, describing your diet, what you would change about your dietary habits, and create a plan to make dietary and lifestyle. changes. Emphasis on quality rather than quantity.
• Include a copy of your Food Journal dietary analysis (the dietary analysis will include all foods and beverages consumed) as an exhibit.
• This paper requires a minimum of two references: academic journals, professional journals, and/or appropriate authoritative references identified by the instructor (one may be the reference to My Fitness Pal).
• All papers are submitted in APA format.
• Review the following website to help determine portion sizes, http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-portion-size-plate
• Enter your food intake into the following website that will analyze your diet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/