- Create an informal observation of Walter a kindergarten student who has one of the following social/personality issues that bothers you the most( aggressive, shy, hyper,bossy, needy, overly sensitive); then answer the following questions.
1 what specific behaviors caused you to label Walter as you did?
- What in your past experience might have caused you to label Walter more in effort to fit your beliefs than to assess his issues.
- Review your observation points to determine how you might rephrase what you observed in a positive way.
- Explain how you would share information with the family in a way that demonstrates a lack of bias on your part..
5What type of observation would you share a d refrain from sharing in efforts to support your assessment of this child.
- How could you use the “sandwich technique ” ( start with something positive about child, then share the harder info, end with positive) in sharing your observation with the family]