Choose a product with which you are familiar. Using a report format, complete the following tasks:
– Provide an introduction to the product and explain why you have chosen it.
– Develop a diagram illustrating the supply chain for your product. Include upstream and downstream organisations.
– Provide an explanation of the different organisations involved in the supply chain, whether they are based in the UK or overseas and how they communicate with each other.
– Using appropriate concepts, theories and frameworks discuss how operations management is used to meet customer demand for the product. Is it effective?
– Evaluate how applicable lean operations are to the supply chain.
– Provide recommendations for improvement for the management of the supply chain that you have studied.
Additional information for students
The University’s Learning Information Services have produced a series of guides covering a range of topics to support your studies, and develop your academic skills including a guide to academic referencing http://www.wlv.ac.uk/lib/skills_for_learning/study_guides.aspx
Your module guide and course handbook contain additional and important information regarding;
• The required referencing style for your assignment.*
Whilst many modules require referencing in accordance with the Harvard Referencing convention, some modules – for example those within the School of Law – require Oxford Referencing. Please familiarise yourself with the requirements of your module.
• Submission of your work
• Marking, feedback and moderation in accordance with the University of Wolverhampton Assessment Handbook
• Extensions on submission dates *
• Additional support *
• Academic conduct with regards to cheating, collusion or plagiarism *
• Links to appropriate sources of relevant information *
* Further information regarding these and other policies can be accessed through your student portal on wlv.ac.uk.