Question Set 1
- When and under what conditions might it be advisable not to conduct an evaluation?
- Oral health care access is a major health problem, especially for children living in poverty. Describe how an oral health program developed at each level of the public health pyramid would differ and how considerations would differ.
- Think of a specific health program provided by a specific healthcare organization with which you are familiar. Complete either of the cultural competency self-assessments included in Chapter 2 (Exhibit 2-1 and 2-2) of the Issel book. What surprised you about taking the self-assessment? Which recommendations would you make based on the results of the self-assessment?
- List four health programs in your community. Are they supported by coalitions? What is the composition of each coalition? Does there appear to be a relationship between coalition diversity and health program success?
- Select one of the perspectives on assessment. In what way does that perspective change, alter, or influence each step in the process of performing a needs assessment?
- Consider the strengths and the differences under the MAPP, PACE-EH, and CHIP models. Under which circumstances would you choose which approach?
- Discuss the relevance of each of the models for developing programs at each level of the public health pyramid.