over the second book in Maus
1. Based on your close examination of chapters 1-2, what do you think it took to survive as a Polish Jew in Auschwitz?
2. Some of Vladek’s habits and attitudes exasperate Art. Might some of these very same habits and attitudes have facilitated Vladek’s survival? Might they have also facilitated the survival of others?
3. Art is caught up in an emotional struggle with himself (as we learn from his conversation with Françoise at the beginning of chapter 1 and his conversation with his psychologist, Pavel, at the beginning of chapter 2). What is causing this emotional struggle?
4. What factors explain why Vladek seems at greatest risk of death in the very last months of the war?
5. Maus undoubtedly demonstrates the cruelty of human nature. Does it also demonstrate the kindness of human nature? Why or why not?
6. There are at least two central stories in Maus: Vladek’s experience during the Holocaust & Art’s relationship with his father. Ultimately, why do you think Art created & published Maus?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂