Based on your responses to the 12.2 Path-Goal Styles Questionnaire, identify your path-goal styles of leadership. Explain how your use of each path-goal style relates to other styles of leadership.
12.2 PATH-GOAL STYLES QUESTIONNAIRE
1. To identify your path-goal styles of leadership
2. To examine how your use of each style relates to other styles of leadership
1. For each of the statements below, circle the number that indicates the frequency with which you engage in the expressed behavior.
2. Give your immediate impressions. There are no right or wrong answers.
1. Sum the responses on items 1, 5, and 9 (directive leadership).
2. Sum the responses on items 2, 6, and 10 (supportive leadership).
3. Sum the responses on items 3, 7, and 11 (participative leadership).
4. Sum the responses on items 4, 8, and 12 (achievement-oriented leadership).
Directive leadership: __________
Supportive leadership: __________
Participative leadership: __________
Achievement-oriented leadership: __________
This questionnaire is designed to measure four types of path-goal leadership: directive, supportive, participative, and achievement-oriented. By comparing your scores on each of the four styles, you can determine which style is your strongest and which is your weakest. For example, if your scores were directive leadership = 21, supportive leadership = 10, participative leadership = 19, and achievement-oriented leadership = 7, your strengths would be directive and participative leadership, and your weaknesses would be supportive and achievement-oriented leadership. While this questionnaire measures your dominant styles, it also indicates the styles you may want to strengthen or improve.
If your score is 13–15, you are in the high range.
If your score is 6–12, you are in the moderate range.
If your score is 3–5, you are in the low range.
Northouse, Peter G. Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, 3rd Edition. SAGE Publications, Inc, 01/2014. VitalBook file.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂