Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
This Discussion Board Assignment jumps ahead to the chapters we will be focusing on in Week 8. Chapters 11 and 12 analyze the relationship between government and business. For this assignment research the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. To get you started in your research, the two links below are provided to research resources on the law. However, don’t limit your research to just these two articles.
Concisely answer the following four questions:
1. What are health insurance exchanges?
2. How will the law affect business? Specifically, what requirements does the law place on employers?
3. What is a public option? Why is it controversial? What role does the public option currently play in healthcare reform?
4. In your opinion, what role should the government play in healthcare? Explain.
1. Write in complete sentence and paragraph format.
2. Postings must be free from grammar and spelling errors. To eliminate errors, consider drafting your post in a word processing program (i.e. Microsoft Word) before posting in Blackboard.
3. In the business environment, managers and colleagues need you to be clear and concise in your communication. The same applies on discussion board.
•Initial post: The length of your initial post will vary based on the question posed, ranging anywhere from 1 to several paragraphs. Again, be concise. Write as much as needed to effectively answer the question(s).