APA CITED OUTSIDE SOURCES
Put together TWO(2) different computers for the following requirements:
BE SPECIFIC WITH REASONING AND GIVE MAKE/MODEL WHEN POSSIBLE.
1. 1. Create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and send and receive email.
2. Participate in online video conferences, web courses and forums
3. Create and edit audio and video files and share video and audio files via emails, instant messaging, and in chat rooms via mobile devices.
4. Create small databases to manage all audio, video and photo data.
5. Take high quality digital photos and videos and download them to the PC as well as scan and edit the photos and videos – specify at least two image and two video formats that can be accommodated by your solution(s)). .
6. Print documents to include photo quality color printing.
7. Manipulate pdf files, including editing pdfs, conversion from pdf to Word and vice versa.
8. Transfer information (audio, video and photos) between PC machines.
9. Manage the Director’s schedule by using an online calendar and day planner.
10. Utilize the internet to make online purchases, conduct banking services and research new audio, video and photo editing methods using a broadband service
11. Connect all required peripheral devices you deem necessary to the system unit.
12. Protect the PC and all components from dirty electrical power including under voltage (brownout or blackout) and overvoltage (power surge or spike).
13. Manage and protect the system, data, and information while working on the Internet including scanning all incoming emails, email attachments, and files downloaded from Web-based sources; firewall, virus and spyware (security) protection; and checking websites for phishing and fraudulent activities.
identify the manufacturer, type (desktop, laptop, tablet) and model of computer
required Hardware devices
• Input Devices – Identify each device type, including make/model, and show which specific user requirements are met.
• Output Devices – Identify each device type, including make/model, and show which specific user requirements are met.
• Communication Devices – Identify each device type, including make/model, and show which specific user requirements are met.
• Storage Devices – External (including portable) storage devices and show which specific user requirements are met
• Other Peripheral Devices – Identify each device type, including make/model, and show which specific user requirements are met.
required System Unit Components.
• Processor – Include type and clock speed and state how processor type and clock speed meets the Director’s specific user requirements.
• RAM – Include type and amount and state how RAM type and amount meets the Director’s specific user requirements.
• Adapter Cards – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met.
• Ports – Include types, how many of each type, and show which specific user requirements are met.
• Storage Devices – Identify internal system unit storage devices, size of hard drive, and state how each storage device and the hard drive size recommended meets specific user requirements.
various required Application Software.
Specific product names MUST be listed.
• Identify types of software, recommended specific product names, and how this software meets specific user requirements.
required System Software.
Include one operating system and at least three utility programs.
• Operating System – Identify a specific operating system and version
• Utility Programs – Include at least 3 utility programs that do not typically come installed with the OS and state how each utility program meets specific user requirements.
required Internet connectivity and Web-hosted applications and services.
• Identify the specific ISP that should be used for Internet connectivity.
• Identify the specific Web services that should be used.
Write a brief two-paragraph narrative that categorizes the user type, identifies the category of PC (s) required, and summarizes your recommendations.
NOTE: There are 13 requirements. Each one will need the appropriate hardware and software that will improve the productivity in the office. The users are the people working in the office that will be affected by the 13 requirements. The type of PC could be anything from a laptop to a server. It is essential that you connect the requirements with your recommendations.