peace and popular culture
Choose 2 popular culture artifacts from different media (e.g. a film and a newspaper editorial cartoon) from the list of popular culture material we cover in this course. Please record a 3-5 minute podcast (MP3 Format – audio only) to analyze the materials in relation to concepts of peace and war as discussed in the course. The podcast should provide a comparative analysis of the two media chosen. The podcast should discuss the production and consumption of popular culture and how the coexistence of peace and war in society can be interpreted. Please submit a one page outline of your podcast which lists in point form the main arguments/ideas discussed in the podcast.
The podcast and the one page outline will be assessed for a thesis, proper organization of ideas, proper grammar, analysis of ideas, and proper citations
Please address the following questions in your podcast:
1. What are the historical and social contexts of the materials that you choose?
2. How is the author/performer using media to bring attention to his/her point of view?
3. How did each material address the ideas of war, peace and social justice?
4. How do the materials relate to Cortright’s discussion of war, pacifism/just war/peace movements and internationalism?
5. How do the materials relate to Grazian’s discussion of the production and consumption of popular culture? How do the materials relate to the concepts of social solidarity and popular culture as a source of rebellion/resistance?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂