Causal analysis is an important skill in academic, professional, and real-world contexts. The ability to identify elements of causality is a significant element in persuasive writing. When you examine the conditions that produce something, you are analyzing causes. The aim of this essay is to better understand a problem through a careful analysis of its causes.
In this task, you will describe and analyze a causal relationship. You will choose a problem or an issue and discuss two or more causes of that problem.
Identify a social, environmental, or political problem that is of local, national, or global concern.
A. Write a causal analysis essay (suggested length of 3–7 pages). In your essay, do the following:
1. Address an appropriate topic.
2. Provide an effective introduction.
3. Provide an appropriate thesis statement that previews two to four main points.
4. Explain the cause(s) of the problem.
5. Provide evidence to support your claim.
6. Provide an effective conclusion.
Note: Do not discuss solutions to the problem in your essay.
B. Include at least two academically credible sources in the body of your essay.
1. For your sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.