1. Advocate for nursing values, and to shape the healthcare delivery system
2. Understand the legal and political determinants of the healthcare
3. Examine the effect of contemporary regulatory obstacles to advancing nursing practice, healthcare delivery, and outcomes.
4. Advocate for policies that improve the health of the public and the profession of nursing
Readings: See Module 4 to select a contemporary issue for your editorial piece.
Module 4 Readings:
1. Patel, K.m Masi. D. (2015). Five ways Obamacare has improved your healthcare. Brookings Institute. Access https://www.newsweek.com/five-ways-obamacare-has-improved-your-health-care-315909
2. Nix, K. (2016). Obamacare Undermines Physicians, Quality of Care. Heritage Foundation’s Center for Health Policy Studies. Access https://www.heritage.org/research/commentary/2012/08/obamacare-undermines-physicians-quality-of-care
3. Pipes, S. 2008. “Myth Six: Universial coverage can be achieved by forcing everyone to buy health insurance.” In Top Ten Myths of American Health Care. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute. Pp 65-80
4. Pipes, S. 2008. “Myth Three: Forty-six million Americans can’t get health care.” In Top Ten Myths of American Health Care. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute. Pp 31-40
5. No author. (2014). Study: Pre-Obamacare Health Insurance was better quality than exchange plans. Phylly.com, posted 9-18-14. Access https://www.philly.com/health/healthcare-exchange/275507221.html#mEsBWKyudpW9Fddl.99
6. Mckinney, M. (2011). About that Quality Chasm. Modern Healthcare Access http:www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20110221/magazine/110219950
1. Select a contemporary regulatory obstacle to full authority advanced practice nursing
2. Identify a publication source and its criteria for authors (separate page)
3. Write a 500-word persuasive editorial(submissionis optional)
4. Use the Rubric for writing a persuasive editorial for guidance